Dear Kim...
Just a quick postie!
Gabs & I went to Iola's (the wee lass who came with us to Whitstable) birthday outing two Sundays ago...
The day kicked off at Ripley's Believe It or Not! museum in Piccadilly Circus. Amongst all the oddities & the grotesqueness'es on display: the two-headed cow, the shrunken 'eads; Wolf Girl, and The Unicorn Man of China - there was plenty that made me think of you & that you might appreciate as an artist - especially as an artist that's passionate about using discarded materials & objects and reworking them as art...
And his lovely wife, Michelle, all shiny in bottle-tops.
The Beatles sculpted out of chewing gum!
Whitney Houston immortalised from the innards of cassette tapes - now I jolly well hope those cassettes are The Bodyguard - The Soundtrack and Whitney - The Greatest Hits...
I think you should do a self-portrait with cassette innards, Kim - your hair's almost as curly as Whitney's.
Or how about a bouffant fashioned out of discarded car number plates...
I've named this one The Patron Saint of Postage Stamps...
1st Class!
A duck born from salvaged beach finds.
And my personal favourite... A masterpiece scraped out of toast!
(Just needs a top-coat of Tiptree marmalade)
Oh, and here's a painting pony...
Pony painted this - it's a jockey. It's called The Finish Line...
Do we 'Believe It or Not!'? N-e-i-g-h!! We do not believe it!
Once we'd undertaken all five floors of 'Believe It or Not', we headed to Planet Hollywood for birthday burgers. I giggled at the video below - shown on huge screens throughout the eatery - and again thought of you, as it reminded me of our conversation about western societies obsession with hair removal, and the time & expenditure wasted in the removal of it. I interpreted the video as a celebration of fuzz, and it fitted in well with the weird & wonderful sights we'd seen at the museum! Heheh. x x













No comments:
Post a Comment