Hands big & small...
He really is the cutest little munchkin, and Mamma Laura is evidently exceedingly loved up . Oscar slept pretty much the whole time on our meander along the South Bank, only rousing for a guzzle from his bottle and a resounding burp, then back to slumbering against his beloved Mama...
He's got Laura's little chin & pouty lips, don't you reckon..? We had a wee titter over his abundance of red hair. "He might grow up to look like Chris Evans!" Mamma Laura exclaimed tenderly...
"That wouldn't be the end of the world", said I, "Chris is witty, funny, charismatic"... Mamma Laura wasn't convinced... "Well, red-heads can be sexy & brooding - think thespian Toby Stephens", soothed I...
Uncannily, my favourite male red-head of all time is Oscar Hopkins, the ethereal, carrot-topped character from Peter Carey's novel 'Oscar & Lucinda', beautifully portrayed by Ralph Fiennes in the film adaptation...
Ever more uncanny, Oscar Hopkins's best friend in the novel is called Wardley-Fish...
It was a lovely introduction, on an equally lovely sunny day. Hoping to see them both again soon - whenever Laura's cabin-fever sets in, I told her to pop over to mine for a change of scene. Oooh, I bet you can't wait to meet him!!
|
aw beautiful beautiful! I can't wait until July to come back and see you all and meet the wee lad.. xx
ReplyDelete