Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Dear Kim...

Echoing your frequent posts from the South American sea-side; Sunday 28th April, Gabs & I boarded the train to good ol' Brighton for a breath of ozone. Much compulsory seaside diversions were undertaken; a stick of Brighton rock was crunched, ice-creams were licked, pebbles were skimmed, the horizon was gazed at, the pier was meander'd, sandwiches were slyly consumed under the interrogating eyes of seagulls patrolling the beach; "I know what you've got in that bag, prawn sarnies, M&S ones, no point tryin' to hide 'em, got a whiff of 'em all the way from Hove, we did.... Giv'z a bit..." 


Member of the Brighton Inquisition

Gabs dragged me into the arcade on the pier... Eeeek, me-no-like-it-in-there.  I feel rather sorry for my kids at such times - I'm the antithesis of my own parents. Whereas they'd generously supply my sister and I with a tupper-ware box full of 1ps, 2ps and 10ps for hours of gambling in the arcade at Butlins; I, however, squirm & shudder to hand over copper&silver to my own kids in such places of vice... Heh heh. (And three whole British pounds for a go on the dodgems, indeed! More squirming & shuddering...)



A fistful of pebbles, not pennies...


Gabs was aghast whilst lobbing pebbles, to be confronted by the sight of the rather plump lily-white bottom of a girl - no more than nine/ten years of age - frolicking in her birthday suit in the surf beside us. "Urgh", recoiled Gabs, "That really is too much!" he exclaimed, turning his back resolutely on the mini 'Birth of Venus'... His disdain was on par with the stylists in the F.& S's sketch below...






And as you're always posting such  a wealth of street art on your blog, here's one I thought you'd like  staring out from a wall in Brighton...


'Stop & Stare'





  

  

1 comment:

  1. eee... that murals brilliant.. Gabs looks like a bird-beak as if the hands were an owl, love it!

    ReplyDelete